Forum

Welcome to my new f...

[Sticky] Welcome to my new forum  

RSS
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

Welcome to my new forum.

I've run many forums over the years, and still moderate and admin others elsewhere. I know more than anyone how hard it is to establish a new forum (especially with Facebook and Twitter being increasingly used for discussions) but I'm still a firm believer that dedicated forums have a good place for discussion.

A forum is only ever as good as its members, so I hope you'll consider joining and contributing.

Posted : 18/08/2019 10:54 pm
Topic Tags
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member

Jon, the actual discussion pane is a little narrow, (at least on iPad) and the first line of a reply is slightly overlapping with the quote. Is it possible to tweak it a little and give it a little bit more space compared to the rest of the screen?

I’d upload a screenshot but I don’t see an image upload icon, am I missing it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2019 5:18 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member

Just noticed the attach file button for images 🤭 

@jmcomms

do you see what I mean?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2019 5:37 pm
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

I'm not sure how to make it wider as it's embedded within a page. I'll see what I can do.

The overlapping is very weird. 

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by Jonathan Morris
ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2019 5:58 pm
Dave liked
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @jmcomms

I'm not sure how to make it wider as it's embedded within a page. I'll see what I can do.

The overlapping is very weird. 

It’s not a deal breaker, I just thought it might look a little better if a bit wider.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2019 6:24 pm
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

I agree. It was one thing I didn't like before I made it live. I am using my phone now and there's 5mm gap either side that doesn't need to be there.

I'm sure it can be done in CSS but I'm not an expert and need to join the forum software forum for advice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2019 6:26 pm
Dave liked
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

I am still trying to resolve the theme issue with the excessive border. The overlap on a quote is a very odd one. I am not sure what it is; it's not an image.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2019 5:18 pm
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

It seems some Wordpress themes can be a problem and aren't easily customised without causing other issues - so I may have to experiment with other themes. It's a shame as I really liked this one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2019 5:19 pm
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

Right, I've changed theme. Not sure I like it as much, but it does seem to run the forum properly and without the overlap.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2019 6:50 pm
Dave liked
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member

Right, I've changed theme. Not sure I like it as much, but it does seem to run the forum properly and without the overlap.

The overlap is gone for me as well (on iPad).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2019 8:33 pm
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

@dave

No idea what caused it before. I spoke to the company that made the theme but they weren't really able to do much. They said they'd investigate and email me (they still may) but I tried some other themes that seem to solve most issues.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2019 8:41 pm
Dave liked
hecatae
(@hecatae)

feels easy to browse

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2019 8:45 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member

@dave

No idea what caused it before. I spoke to the company that made the theme but they weren't really able to do much. They said they'd investigate and email me (they still may) but I tried some other themes that seem to solve most issues.

The whole page seems to be fit better, definitely easier to read/post.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2019 8:59 pm
Share:

Advertisements