Forum

iPhone screens  

RSS
Ferret1979_1
(@ferret1979_1)

Hello everyone

I know there's been a lot of discussion on other forums about pwm on Apple's OLED screens, but I hadn't given it a lot of attention.

In recent months I've been having issues with my eyesight, I had a new prescription in January which needed updating in June and again today!  The optician says that using screens dries the eyes out as you don't blink as much.

It's got me thinking that maybe the OLED screen is having an effect, I can't be certain but it's been on my mind.  Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Regards

Mark.

Posted : 12/11/2019 6:50 pm
Jonathan Morris
(@jmcomms)
Member Admin

I've had occasions where my eyes have become very dry and even causing some focus issues, and I now use dark mode on just about everything.

Almost all the phones I've had of late have been OLED so there may be something in it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2019 6:36 pm
Ferret1979_1
(@ferret1979_1)

@jmcomms

Thanks Jon, I can’t get on with dark mode, my eyes prefer lighter themes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2019 8:16 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member

@ferret1979_1

There might be something in the theory, I seemed to have had more headaches and eye strain when I was using an Xs as my main phone, since I swapped it for an Xr they seem to have diminished.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2019 11:20 pm
Ferret1979_1
(@ferret1979_1)

@dave

Have you been satisfied with the XR, after having the XS?

Is it your only phone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 8:01 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member

@ferret1979_1

Yes, totally satisfied with the Xr, I'd rate it as the best iPhone I've used. 

My daughter has just bought an 11 (traded her Xs in for it) and loves it, she's also commented that it's a better phone that the Xs, and other than the improved camera the Xr is every bit as good.

Ive also got a P20 Pro that I have my work sim in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2019 6:19 pm
Share:

Advertisements