[Updated] Realme GT 2 Pro will bring many exciting innovations, as well as 2022 flagship chipset
Realme announced the GT 2 Pro just days ahead of Christmas, bringing with it a series of exciting innovations. The phone itself will begin shipping in early 2022.
Following Qualcomm’s recent announcement of its 2022 flagship chipset, manufacturers have been falling over each other to try and be amongst the first to announce their own smartphone that will use the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 SoC.
Today, Realme has unveiled its first device, sort of, but a lot of the innovation doesn’t come merely from the new chipset, but rather a series of other ‘firsts’ that should make this affordable flagship appeal to a wide audience (beyond Realme’s traditional youthful market).
Key innovations include:
- Bio-polymer casing designed by Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa (who also created the rear design on the Realme GT Master Edition).
- Ultra-wide camera with 150 degree Field-of-View (FoV) and fisheye camera.
- More eco-friendly packaging.
- 360-degree NFC technology, so you can make payments by tapping just about anywhere on the phone (an increased sensing area of 500%).
- HyperSmart antenna switching, comprising 12 wrap-around antennas that combine mainstream bands in almost all directions. The GT 2 Pro will continuously monitor the signals to switch to the one with the best signal at any given moment.
Update: Photos issued by Realme ahead of January launch event.
The Realme GT 2 Pro will be officially launched on January 4th 2022, in China. A release date for the rest of the world is as yet unknown.
Until the phone (and more details, such as pricing) becomes known – you would be wise to look at this year’s GT series, especially the excellent Realme GT Neo 2 that represents excellent value and will still remain a great option even when these new smartphones roll onto the scene next year.