Samsung has launched a barrage of new devices, including the long-awaited Note 20 series, the next-generation Fold 2, two tablets, two watches, and all-new earbuds.
While the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra will be the more mainstream releases (if you can call devices retailing for up to upwards of a grand mainstream), the most interesting device by far was the new Galaxy Fold 2.
Having finally put a decent sized outer screen, and getting rid of the top-right corner notch, the Fold 2 has addressed the two key issues with the original, with only the likely eye-watering price serving as a way of limiting sales to an otherwise huge audience.
Samsung also launched the S7 and S7+ tablets (with the option of 4G or 5G connectivity), new Galaxy Buds Live wireless earbuds, and the new Galaxy Watch 3 with rotating bezel and Tizen OS.
Pricing & Availability
Pre-ordering is open now, between August 5th and August 20th with devices shipping on August 21st.
Galaxy Note 20
Available in three colours; Mystic Green, Mystic Bronze and Mystic Grey the Note 20 will be available as a 4G or 5G model, with pricing from £849 and £949 respectively. Those who pre-order can bag some freebies too, like a gaming or music reward and a set of Galaxy Buds+.
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
Available in three colours; Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black or Mystic White, the Note 20 Ultra is available only as a 5G model, and pricing starts at £1179. Like the Note 20, early adopters who pre-order can receive extras, like a gaming or music reward, and a set of Galaxy Buds Live earbuds.
Galaxy Tab S7 & S7+
The Tab S7 will come in three colours and a Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + 4G version (£619 and £719 respectively).
The Tab S7+ will come in the same colours, with a Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 5G option (£799 and £999 respectively).
Pre-order and receive a gaming bundle or Galaxy Book Case.
Galaxy Buds Live
Available in three colours, with pricing from £179. Pre-order and get a free wireless charging pad.
Galaxy Watch 3
Available in two sizes and two colours for each, the 41mm watch will start at £399 and the 45mm from £419.
Those who pre-order won’t miss out on freebies here either, with a wireless charger duo being thrown in for those who don’t hang around.
Official Press Release
Samsung Unveils Five New Galaxy Devices To Empower Your Work and Play
Galaxy Note20 series is a productivity powerhouse, seamlessly connecting with the Galaxy ecosystem to let you live every moment to the fullest.
LONDON, UK – August 5, 2020 – Today, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. hosted its first-ever Galaxy Unpacked virtual event livestreamed from Korea to introduce a new suite of powerful devices. Five devices were revealed during the event, that seamlessly integrate to empower consumers navigating a rapidly changing world: Galaxy Note20 and Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, the most powerful Note line yet; Galaxy Tab S7 and S7+, versatile tablets for productivity and creativity; Galaxy Watch3, a premium smartwatch along with advanced health features; Galaxy Buds Live, stylish and ergonomic earbuds with superior sound quality; and Galaxy Z Fold2, the next generation foldable smartphone with enhanced refinements.
“Technology has played a vital role in keeping us connected during these unprecedented times,” said Conor Pierce, Corporate Vice President UK & Ireland, Samsung Electronics. “Now more than ever, our customers are looking for products that deliver against this and work seamlessly together. Whether it’s through work or play, the ecosystem we have launched today is designed to help you get the most out of life. With our Note20 range and Tab S7+ now powered by 5G, we are not only super-charging the connected experience, but also strengthening Samsung’s 5G leadership in the UK. We can’t wait to hear our customers’ feedback”.
Galaxy Note20 Series
Galaxy Note20 series—the most powerful Note series yet—is a productivity powerhouse that works like a computer and lets you game like a pro. The series comes in two versions: Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, designed for Note fans who demand the ultimate in power and productivity, and Galaxy Note20, for broader Note users looking to maximise their time for work and play. Both are built for efficiency, so you have more time to stay connected with the people you love.
Power to Work
Galaxy Note20 series transforms the way you work—empowering you to do more anytime from anywhere so you can take your productivity to the next level. Since 2011, Galaxy Note’s signature S Pen and Samsung Notes have been evolved to provide a natural pen-to-paper writing experience that is digitally supercharged. These core Note features are expanded even more on Galaxy Note20 series, and are also implemented onto Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ for more powerful experiences. Plus, a deeper relationship with Samsung’s long-standing partner, Microsoft, makes Galaxy Note20 and your Windows PC seamlessly work together.
- An Advanced S Pen: A favourite among Note loyalists and multitaskers, the Galaxy Note20 series’ enhancedS Pen offers the ultimate writing experience so you can capture your ideas, whenever inspiration strikes. Galaxy Note20 series has more lifelike precision than ever that gives you unparalleled accuracy and responsiveness. The S Pen’s new Anywhere actions feature makes navigating easier no matter which app you’re using. For example, if you want to return to the home screen, simply press the upper button on your S Pen.
- More Flexible and Useful Samsung Notes Experience:We need tools designed to let us work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. To help you capture, edit and share your ideas across your phone, tablet or PC, Samsung Notes features auto-save and syncing capabilities, reducing the risk of lost work. Samsung Notes automatically converts your messy handwriting into legible penmanship. Giving feedback on the go is also easy now that you can edit, annotate and highlight PDFs or Microsoft PowerPoint presentations in Samsung Notes. Use the new option to record audio as you jot down notes, and just tap a word in your notes to go to that moment in the recording. And keep it all organised with a new, intuitive folder management that makes everything easier to find.
- Work Smarter Across Devices: With upgraded Link to Windows, you can now easily access your mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC without disrupting your flow. Later in the year, you will have the ability to run multiple apps side by side on your PC. Create shortcuts on your Windows 10 PC so you never have to search your phone for favourite SNS apps and Gallery. And all your productivity ecosystems are aligned across devices when Samsung Notes syncs to Microsoft OneNote and Outlook and your Reminders sync with Microsoft Outlook, To Do and Teams so everything you need is at your fingertips, no matter where you are.
Power to Play
Samsung is also bringing its Microsoft partnership to the entertainment side of Galaxy Note20 series, taking virtual play to the next level. Fully immerse yourself in the most powerful mobile gaming experience Samsung has ever engineered into a smartphone, so you can game like a pro from your couch, backyard, or around the house. Galaxy Note20 series comes packed with next-level performance, connectivity and our best display yet. Plus, Galaxy Note20 series packs pro-grade tools to capture stunning photos and create cinematic videos and offers advanced multitasking experiences.
- Your favourite Xbox games on Galaxy Note20 series: Play your favourite PC and console games with Game Pass Ultimate, which offers instant access to a curated library of more than 100 popular games from the cloud including Minecraft Dungeons, Forza Horizon 4, and Gears of War 5: Ultimate Edition later this year. Every level and battle is powered by hyper-fast, ultra-low latency 5G and Wi-Fi 6 with optimised gaming latency. Plus, with a large and immersive display with smooth gaming experience thanks to the fastest processor in a Galaxy yet, Galaxy Note20 series is a pro-gaming set-up that fits in your pocket.
- Cinematic Filmmaking in the Palm of Your Hand: With 21:9 aspect ratio and 24fps recording, Galaxy Note20 series’ 8K camera now gives you access ultra-high resolution and a professional quality video experience. Use powerful Pro Video mode with pro-grade focus, audio, exposure, lighting, zoom tools, and 120fps shooting at FHD options for cinematic-style videos. New Laser Auto-Focus Sensor on Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G has fast and accurate focusing, plus Live Focus Video gives your shots real world depth. Pro lenses and advanced Space Zoom allow you to photograph scenes in gorgeous detail. You can also control and adjust the Galaxy Note20 mic directions where you want sound to come through clearly. Paired with Galaxy Buds Live, you can record crystal-clear audio no matter how much noise is in the background.
- Master Multitasking with Advanced Samsung DeX: For the first time with Samsung DeX, wirelessly connect Galaxy Note20 series to a Smart TV when you need a bigger screen. Manage two screens simultaneously with Galaxy Note20 and a TV screen, so you can text with your friends while gaming or get their feedback in real-time while sharing your latest video masterpiece.
Galaxy Legacy of Power and Performance
The Galaxy Note has cemented its status as the ultimate power phone. Galaxy Note20 series continues that legacy as the most powerful Note series yet to give you all the things you know, love, and expect from Galaxy.
Galaxy Note20 series is built with the fastest processor of all Galaxy devices. It features cutting-edge technology and best-in-class mobile experiences, without sacrificing the iconic, timeless and durable design. Both Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra 5G introduce a new Mystic Bronze colour – soft neutral tones that transcend changing trends.
For the first time in the Note series, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G offers the vivid and bright Dynamic AMOLED 2X display and 120Hz adaptive refresh rate delivering breathtakingly smooth visuals on our best screen yet, which automatically adjusts to the content you are viewing to extend your battery life. Sport an all-day intelligent battery and super-fast charging capabilities so you never have to worry about running out of power.
Take advantage of Samsung’s 5G leadership and deliver next-level power for everything you love to do thanks to hyper-fast, ultra-low latency 5G. Galaxy Note20 series automatically searches and recommends high speed networks and provides stable Wi-Fi 6 networks with optimised latency for various streaming services. You can be confident your Galaxy Note20 series hardware and software is secured end-to-end thanks to Samsung Knox.
For the first time on a Galaxy device with UWB, Nearby Share will reach a new level of quick and easy sharing. By simply pointing the Note20 Ultra 5G to another UWB enabled Galaxy device, Nearby Share will automatically list the people you’re facing on to the top of your sharing panel. Future UWB functionality will also help you find things more accurately with AR technology and unlock your home as a digital key.
Unlock New Experiences with the Connected Galaxy Ecosystem
Samsung devices and services are designed to work together effortlessly, elevating not only your work and play, but everything that’s important to you. Take your Galaxy Note20 to the next level by pairing it with other new additions to the Samsung Galaxy: Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+, Galaxy Watch3, and Galaxy Buds Live. With these cutting-edge complements to the Note experience, you can work smarter, play longer, live healthier, and communicate better.
Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+
Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ are two versatile tablets that combine the capability of a PC, the flexibility of a tablet, and the connectivity of a smartphone. With the latest processor and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, both tablets come with two large displays with up to 120Hz refresh rate, 11-inch and 12.4-inch, respectively. The Tab S7+ is also available in a 5G compatible variant, ensuring you are always connected.
Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ come with an upgraded S Pen and Samsung Notes featured on Galaxy Note20 series to provide PC-like experience — all empowering you to get more done in less time.
The S Pen is also your optimal companion bringing the best drawing and note taking apps such as Clip Studio Paint, Canva and Noteshelf to Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+ users.
Galaxy Watch3 is a next-generation companion for managing your routines, smashing your fitness goals, and keeping track of your health. Built with premium materials and a slimmed-down version of the popular rotating bezel, Galaxy Watch3 features the craftsmanship of a luxury timepiece, while still being comfortable enough to wear all day and all night.
But this smartwatch isn’t just appealing to the eye—it’s also the centre of your wellness experience, sporting Samsung’s most expansive health suite yet. If you take a hard fall outdoors or in your home, its fall detection feature enables you to send a SOS message to emergency contacts.
Galaxy Buds Live
Meet the newest shape of true wireless earbuds – Galaxy Buds Live. With a truly iconic design and comfortable fit– they’re like nothing you’ve seen or worn before. Combining AKG’s sound expertise with a bigger, 12mm speaker and bass duct, audio sounds deep and rich so you can enjoy music the way the artist intended. Galaxy Buds Live come with three microphones and Voice Pickup Unit so you can feel like you’re in the same room as your loved ones, even when you’re apart. These earbuds feature Active Noise Cancellation for open type bringing the best of both: live and spacious sound quality, with the ability for you to tune in (or out) of the world around you. Get lost in an audiobook without missing the train conductor’s announcement.
Reshape What’s Possible with Galaxy Z Fold2
Samsung continues to pioneer an entirely new category of mobile devices by introducing the next generation of foldables— Galaxy Z Fold2. After releasing two foldable devices and listening to user feedback on the most requested upgrades and new features, Samsung delivers the Galaxy Z Fold2 with meaningful innovations that offer users an enhanced refinements and foldable user experience. The Galaxy Z Fold2 comes packed with two edge-to-edge, nearly bezel-less Infinity-O Displays. The Cover Screen is 6.2-inch and a massive Main Screen is 7.6-inch, making them both larger than the Galaxy Fold. With its sleek design and refined engineering, Galaxy Z Fold2 comes in two equally stunning colours: Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze. As we continue to learn from user feedback, Samsung is building on our longstanding partnerships with Google and Microsoft to design an unrivalled foldable experience. For users who seek a unique premium design, Samsung is again partnering with iconic New York fashion house Thom Browne to deliver a limited Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne Edition. With Galaxy Z Fold2, Samsung continue to inspire all new possibilities for the entire foldable category.