After a release of the 4G version of Motorola’s second generation Moto G in some markets late last year, the company has today announced its UK release.
£159 gets you the Moto G 4G (2nd Gen) and it’s on sale now via the Motorola website, and from next week (week commencing March 16th) from a range of retailers.
The Moto G has a few benefits up its sleeve, such as the HD (720 x 1280 pixel) display, and a 8-megapixel camera with flash, making it a better all-rounder for many, despite its £50 premium.
There are a range of coloured shells to choose from, and flip covers to protect the display and automatically turn the phone on/off.
On the same day, Motorola also announced that the MotoMaker service, allowing you to fully customise orders for the Moto X smartphone, has been extended to allow you to build a custom Moto 360 smartwatch too.
I’m not sure announcing this a day after Apple’s own smartwatch announcement was the best idea, but it’s fair to say that whatever the end result you create, there’s no way you’ll be able to end up with a bill of £10k or more.
The New Moto G with 4G LTE: Exceptional Phone. Exceptional Price. Now Faster.
London UK, 10 March 2015: When we launched Moto G in 2013, we flipped the mobile industry on its head. We proved a truly great smartphone experience isn’t just a luxury for the few, but a choice for everyone. People around the world were thrilled. Its premium experience, combined with its exceptional price, has made Moto G our best-selling smartphone ever. Building off the success of the original, we recently announced the second-generation Moto G with a larger, sharper display and an SD slot for expandable storage, among other features.
Today, we’re offering consumers even more choice with the addition of 4G LTE speed to Moto G. It’s even faster to keep up with everything you do, but still available at an exceptional price.
Moto G with 4G LTE comes with a super-sharp, incredibly brilliant 5-inch HD display and full stereo sound with front-facing speakers, perfect for replaying videos from your favourite concerts and festivals. It’s like you’re in the front row all over again. Its quad-core processor coupled with 4G LTE speeds makes uploading your holiday pictures to Google + while looking up directions to a party faster than ever. Guess you’ll have to make up another excuse as to why you’re late.
You don’t have to worry about power either. Moto G with LTE comes with an all-day battery – very handy for when you’re streaming music on a road trip or watching movies on a plane. Now you can think about everything you want to do, not how much time you have to do it.
Moto G with 4G LTE is powered by the latest version of the world’s most popular mobile operating system, AndroidTM 5.0, Lollipop and gives you easy access to more than a million apps and loads of music, games, magazines, news, books, TV shows and movies on Google Play2.
And, perhaps most important to those style aficionados out there, Moto G with 4G LTE comes with interchangeable backs, called Motorola Shells, that give you tons of colour and design combinations so you can match your phone to your style, or just switch them out when you get bored.
Additional features include:
- A powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 quad-core processor with built-in 4G LTE is ready to handle whatever you throw its way
- 8MP rear camera that captures 720p video, plus a 2MP front-facing for great-looking selfies
- MicroSD card slot for expandable storage so you can save even more photos, videos, music, movies, and apps
- 1GB of RAM to make jumping from app to app and multi-tasking easy
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass for peace of mind that your device can stand up to the scuffs and scratches of everyday use
- Water-resistant coating that protects your phone inside and out. Now, a little rain won’t stop you from taking a call.
- Motorola Alert lets your friends and family know where you are and if you need assistance
- Moto Migrate to easily transfer contacts, photos, videos and more from your old phone
- Free music with the FM radio played through your headphones4 or the built-in speakers.Moto G with 4G LTE goes on sale today in the UK at motorola.co.uk at the exceptional price of £159 SIM free. The handset will also be available from week commencing 16th March through Tesco retail, online with Tesco mobile and Tesco direct, Carphone Warehouse, Amazon, Argos, Sainsbury’s and Asda.