Honor has held its first UK in-person event since 2019 to celebrate the launch of a range of premium products, which demonstrate its intention to reclaim lost ground during its absence.
The event saw the announcement of the launch of the Magic 4 Pro, Watch GS 3, Earbuds 3 Pro, as well as reiterating the launch of the more affordable X7 and X8 smartphones.
All products will be available from a number of retailers, including Honor’s own store, Amazon, Argos, Currys (including Carphone Warehouse) and for the Magic 4 Pro, on contract with Three.
The flagship Magic 4 Pro borrows heavily from the design aesthetics of Huawei, but since the separation, Honor is free to include support for Google Mobile Services – the key reason that Huawei’s market share has fallen off a cliff outside China.
Thankfully, with no such restrictions, Honor can now compete on a level playing field – and offer consumers natural successors to those who used to love Huawei’s offerings.
It’s no surprise that many owners of the Huawei P30 Pro, the last phone to be released before losing Google’s services, are bound to be excited by the Magic 4 Pro. Although perhaps more in keeping with Huawei’s Mate series design on the rear, there are a number of similarities – and Honor isn’t hiding the fact that it will continue to share some design features until newer models start to arrive in the coming months and years.
These new products will become available on or after May 13th (the Magic 4 Pro is available to pre-order, while all the other phones are on sale) and those who pre-order the Magic 4 Pro can also benefit from a special bundle worth £324.
Pricing information can be found below.
Honor Magic 4 Pro
The Magic 4 Pro comes with:
- 6.8-inch quad-curved LTPO AMOLED display with 1920Hz Pulse Width Modulation for reduced eye strain and comfortable viewing
- Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 8 gen 1 chipset with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage
- IP68 rating (can be submerged in water up to 1.5m deep for up to 30 minutes)
- 50-megapixel primary camera
- 50-megapixel ultra-wide (122-degree FoV)
- 64-megapixel telephoto (periscope) camera
- All three cameras benefit from Ultra-Fusion computational photography image processing
- 10-bit Log 4K video recording at 60fps
- 4,600mAh battery with 100W wired AND wireless charging
- Magic UI 6, based on Android 12
- Access to themes, including fonts and wallpapers
- Honor Share for cross-system file transfers (phone to PC)
- Enhanced privacy for calling, with dynamic adjustment of call volume in different environments
- Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor Gen 2 with a 77% larger fingerprint area and most reliable fingerprint security
- 3D depth camera on front, alongside selfie camera, enables high-level security for face unlock
Honor Watch GS 3
The new Watch GS 3 is designed to look like traditional mechanical watches, with a weight of just 44g and measuring 10.5mm thick.
It comes with an eight-channel PPG (Photoplethysmography) sensor for more precise optical detection that can cancel out noise during exercise in conjunction with the AI Heart Rate Monitoring Engine.
The watch supports over 100 workout modes and includes GPS for precise route tracking.
Honor Earbuds 3 Pro
The latest earbuds from Honor comes with the world’s first coaxial dual-driver design, with a 11mm dynamic driver and piezoelectric ceramic tweeter.
They also include adaptive Active Noise Cancelling, as well as the fastest charging technology so far.
The earbuds also feature enhanced connectivity to work as well with gaming and music playback, as well as making conference calls.
Pricing and Availability
All products except the Magic 4 Pro go on sale from May 13th, with the Magic 4 Pro available to pre-order between May 13th and its on-sale date of May 27th.
- Honor Magic 4 Pro – £949 (8GB + 256GB) in a choice of cyan or black.
Available to pre-order from May 13th with special bundle including Watch GS 3 (blue), wireless charging dock, and Magic 4 Pro phone case (pre-order offer available until May 27th).
Customers buying on Three can benefit from up to £250 cashback.
- Honor X7 – £169.99 in a choice of black, blue or silver.
- Honor X8 – £219.99 in a choice of black, blue or silver.
- Honor Watch GS 3 – £189.99 in black or £209.99 in gold or blue
- Honor Earbuds 3 Pro – £169.99 in white or grey.